Saturday, January 30, 2010

Anne Hathaway Reveals She'd Sooner Read Einstein Than Fashion Page

She is the Hollywood superstar who has instant chemistry on screen – but Anne Hathaway has admitted she actually prefers physics.

The actress is obsessed with the subject and is ‘dying for someone to explain quarks [fundamental matter particles]’ to her.

Miss Hathaway, 27, who starred in The Princess Diaries and The Devil Wears Prada, spends her spare time reading physics textbooks rather than fashion pages.

She said: ‘I’m interested in elementary particles. What I like thinking about is how time and space exist in the universe and how we understand it.

‘Any spare time I have, I bury my head in a physics textbook.

‘What I also think is fascinating is that the elements at the atomic and subatomic level make up everything. You, me, the buildings, our souls, our minds.’

Miss Hathaway admitted in an interview with GQ magazine she still had a lot to learn about physics: ‘Remember, I’m living in LA so I’m interested in energies and vibes.

‘Look, it’s not a very polished argument but I’m learning. I’m reading a lot about Einstein. I like theories. I want to understand string theory. I’m dying for someone to explain quarks to me!’

The actress broke into the big time at the age of 18 when she starred alongside Julie Andrews in The Princess Diaries. ‘I thought I knew everything,’ she said.

‘I was hopelessly fat-headed at the time. It was a heady thing so young, and the fame got to me.’

She also admitted she did not enjoy doing nude scenes in the 2005 movie Havoc. ‘I was terrified and sick to my stomach,’ she said.

‘But I eventually saw the movie – and although I don’t like the shot, the director was right.

‘It was necessary to convey the fact that this girl I was playing had no respect for her body, or her own sexual identity.’

The full interview is in GQ, out on Thursday.


© Daily Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment